The Particle Asset Tracker v2 includes a standard Electron kit, plus the asset tracker shield, weatherproof enclosure, and mounting hardware. It's extremely awesome! The enclosure is big enough to fit the electron, asset tracker shield, and some room for extra components. If you've got a project that requires data and GPS functionality, then this really is the ultimate kit.
- Improved GPS performance
- Smaller PCB footprint and enclosure
- Seed Studio's Grove compatiblity
- Satellite support for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
**The Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks**
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- U-Blox SARA U-series (3G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Based on 72-channel u-bloxM8 engine
- GPS/QZSS L1 C/A, GLONASS L10F, BeiDou B1I, Galileo E1B/C, SBAS L1 C/A: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
- Update rates: Single GNSS: up to 18 Hz, 2 Concurrent GNSS: up to 10 Hz
- Position accuracy of 2.5 m
- Sensitivity of -167 dBm
- Acquisition times: Cold starts: 26s, Aided starts: 2s, Reacquisition: 1s
- On-board ROM
- Anti spoofing and anti jamming technologies
- Two quick connect grove sensor ports
- Built in 3 axis IMU
- On board ceramic GPS antenna with LNA and bandpass filter
- Ability to switch between on board antenna or external active antenna
- Operating temperature of –40° C to 85° C
- Board dimensions: 4.06" x 1.42" x 0.3" (0.5" including headers)
What's in the Box
- 3 months of Particle’s 1MB monthly data plan
- Particle Electron
- Weatherproof Enclosure
- Asset Tracker Shield
- Particle SIM Card
- LiPo battery (2000mAh)
- USB cable
- Pinout reference card
- 2x Resistors, LED, and LDR
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Conserve Battery Life with IoT Projects
If you’ve ever created a project that uses batteries, you’ll be well aware how hard it can be to decide on elements in the project which can affect the battery life. You end up ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’ for ages about ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Started with Home Automation Using MQTT
What is MQTT? MQTT (Message Queue Telemetry Transport) is a simple and ‘lightweight’ way for internet-connected devices to send each other messages. This is important for home-automation because devices need to send messages back an...
- Serial Monitoring with Tera Term
Monitoring what’s happening inside your microcontroller is an invaluable tool for prototyping and debugging. One of the best ways to do this is to send/receive data over a serial port. Most microcontrollers have a serial port that can output UA...
- Using Relays with Particle
So, you want to control things with your Particle Photon and/or Electron do you? Well, a relay is a perfect way to do that. Whilst there are many ways to control an electrical signal from digital logic such as transistors and optoisolators, they usua...
- IoT Plant Monitor
So, my wife wanted to have some small plants in the house. I didn’t, so we compromised, and got some plants. The only thing is that neither of us remembers to water them, so I wanted to build a sensor array to monitor the moisture content of the soil, and notify us when they needed watering. We’ve got 3 plants, all fairly close to each other, and I wanted to create an IoT project so that it could send an email notifi...
- IOT Shed
The driver behind this project is to allow the remote control of some of the equipment in my shed. I have a CNC router/laser cutter that uses my compressor and dust extractor whilst it is running, and well whats the point in having a computer comtrolled machine if you have to hang around and turn the other auxiliary bits on and off?!? There are a million ways to skin a cat, and the same is true about this project. However after ...
- IoT Mailbox
Getting letters and parcels is awesome, what’s not so awesome though is when you miss the postman and you don’t know if that important bit of mail arrived or not. Such a frustrating, yet mundane problem can be solved by creating an Internet of Things mailbox!...
- IoT House
These days we can do just about anything on our phone, we can control so many aspects of our lives using the technology in our pocket, but the most mundane aspects of our lives; opening the garage door, blindly reaching for the light switch in the dark, opening the front door when we get home, still relies on manual interaction. So I created the Particle IoT House, which contains servo motors to open and close the front and gara...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.