Locate your stuff! The Asset Tracker Kit from Particle contains all of the pieces you need to build a GSM + GPS location tracker for your most prized possessions. In addition to a GPS Shield, the Asset Tracker Kit comes with a weatherproof enclosure, so it’ll keep your electronics safe from the dust, dirt, and moisture of the great outdoors. Keep your bicycle, baby, and backpack safe--satellite lock onto this bargain project kit today!
The Asset Tracker Kit comes with a Particle SIM card with service in more than 100 countries worldwide, and includes 3 months of Particle's 1MB monthly data plan for IoT devices. All Electrons also include Particle's development tools, access to a cloud platform with messaging, and a SIM dashboard for managing and updating your new connected hardware.
The Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. Some US carriers are planning to sunset their 2G networks beginning in 2017, so the Electron 3G (Americas) is recommended for customers in the US.
This is the 2G Global version. Particle also offers two types of Electron 3G Kits—the aforementioned one for North and South America (850/1900 MHz) and one for Europe/Asia/Africa (900/1800 MHz). Check the full list of compatible countries for the location in which your product will be deployed.
- 3 months of Particle's 1MB monthly data plan (delivered by email)
- Particle Electron PCB
- Weatherproof Enclosure
- Asset Tracker Shield PCB
- Particle SIM Card
- Li-Po battery (2000mAh)
- USB cable
- Pinout reference card
- Components for a sample product
Basic Data Charges*:
- Particle's 1MB monthly data plan:
- 3 months included with kit
- $2.99/month for 1MB (thousands of messages)
- No contracts, cancel anytime
- $0.99/each additional MB
*Data rates vary by country and by data usage, see here for full pricing and bulk discounts.
** Continent compatibility is simplified and exceptions exist. Please be sure to check the full list of compatible countries for the location in which your product will be deployed.
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: U-Blox SARA G-series (2G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 2.0" x 0.8" x 0.3" (0.5" including headers)
Click these links for all Particle product Troubleshooting:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.