Introducing the Propeller Activity Board!
Do more with eight cores. Harnessing the power of the 8-core Propeller microcontroller is now easier than ever before! With built-in sockets and pre-written C libraries, Parallax provides the resources for you to bring your project from idea to reality.
The Propeller Activity Board gives you direct access to the most popular Propeller peripherals, including:
- XBee socket — control or receive data from your invention wirelessly
- microSD card holder — log sensor data or add WAV files
- Mini audio/stereo jack — listen to those WAV files or synthesized speech
- 3-pin headers — quickly connect to servos, serial LCDs, etc.
- Breadboard — build and rebuild circuits without soldering (or desoldering!)
- A/D and D/A converters — read or set the voltage your project needs
- USB or power supply — the choice is yours
Get started today by exploring the Propeller C Tutorials and see just how easy it is to digitize your creativity.
Parallax Propeller Activity Board (7:30)
- Dimensions: 101.6mm / 4" x 77.62mm / 3" x 14.91mm / .58"
- Prop activity board guide
- Built-in 8-core Propeller P8X32A microcontroller, 64 KB EEPROM and 5 MHz crystal oscillator
- Breadboard, sockets for power and I/O access, and six servo ports with power-select jumpers for easy prototyping
- Automatically selects between USB and external power sources and provides USB over-current protection
- 6–9 V center-positive 2.1 mm barrel jack for external power supplies
- Convenient reset button and 3-position power switch
- Onboard mini stereo-audio jack
- Built-in microSD card slot for datalogging, WAV files, etc.
- XBee wireless module socket simplifies advanced applications
- Dedicated analog header sockets provide four A/D 12-bit inputs and two buffered variable-resolution D/A outputs
- 4-pin header for connecting I/O pins to the XBee RF socket
- Indicator lights show the status of system power, servo power, two analog output levels, XBee Tx/Rx, and USB Tx/Rx
- 3.3 V and 5 V linear voltage regulators
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.