This handy Ethernet extension cable will make it easy for you to enclose a device that has an Ethernet port. We think this would be most useful when putting a Beagle Bone, Raspberry Pi, Arduino Ethernet into a box.
The jack half has two mounting 'ears' with 4-40 screws installed, 1" inch / 25mm apart. The ears are flexible so the holes don't have to drilled very precisely. Can be used with box walls up to 0.25" wide. The screws can be put on from the back for 'reverse' mounting if the box thickness is a problem. Entire unit is 12" long (9" cabling between jack and RJ45 Ethernet connector).
- Technical Drawing for this cable
- Panel mount Ethernet 8P socket with Ethernet 8P plug at cable end. Straight-through extension
- CAT 5e
- 24 AWG wires
- 12" long / 31 cm from tip to tip
- 9" / 23 cm cabling from jack to connector
- Two 10mm 4-40 mounting screws, 24mm apart
- Plastic "boot" at Ethernet end is 20mm tall x 33mm wide (20mm where it is smaller behind the mounting flange) x 28mm deep
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.