When you need to amplify, filter, add, or otherwise manipulate analog signals you'll certainly want an operational amplifier at your side. This is Adafruit's favorite hobby op-amp, which are used in Adafruit's kits!
It's DIP package so very easy to work with on a breadboard or perfboard. It has two amplifiers inside. It can run from voltages as low as 2.7V and up to 6V. It has rail to rail input and output, which is a common problem for beginners who don't know how to bias op amps (cheaper op-amps such as the LM358 can't handle a full range of input voltage!) 6 MHz gain bandwidth & 1.6 V/us slew so you can drive fairly fast signals. Best of all it has a beefy output that can push up to 80mA, so you can drive small speakers and headphones directly.
Great for amplifying audio, conditioning sensors, buffering analog signals, etc.
- Prior to 7/21/2014 Adafruit carried the TS922 which had 12V power range. That chip has been discontinued, as of 7/21/2014 Adafruit now carry the TLV2462
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.