Yes, this is an adorable miniature television! The visible display measures only 1.5" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use - simply connect 6-15VDC to the red and black wires, then connect a composite video source to the yellow and black wire. Voila, a television display! There's a little button to adjust the LED backlight brightness (5 levels) - there is no other adjustment available but we found that the color and contrast look great right out of the box.
To demonstrate it, Adafruit took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any analog composite-video output such as a YBox or Propeller w/Video out. It will not work with a device that only outputs VGA, HDMI or any other digital video signal.
Please note, these miniature displays are very delicate and require care to avoid ripping the delicate flex connector. These are best used by electronics geeks who have experience and are comfortable working with delicate electronic components. WE CANNOT REPLACE DAMAGED DISPLAYS if you are not careful and rip the flex connector!
- Power with 6-15VDC only into onboard buck converter
- 50mA power draw at 12V, 120mA at 5V
- Control board measures 48mm x 32mm
- Four 3mm drill holes on a 43mm x 28mm square
- Resolution: 160 RGB x 240
- Dot pitch:Dot pitch: 0.0625mm wide x 0.0938mm high
- Visible display dimensions: 29.79mm horizontal x 22.32mm vertical
- Display plastic case dimensions: 37.1mm x 32.7mm x 2.6mm
- Note that the brightness adjustment resets on power cycle!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.