Netduino is an open source electronics platform using the .NET Micro Framework. Featuring a 32-bit microcontroller and a rich development environment, it is suitable for engineers and hobbyists alike.
The Netduino Plus 2 has Ethernet cooked in already! There is a full TCP/IP stack with examples ready to go, and a microSD card slot for storing files
Netduino Plus 2 has four times the speed (168MHz), six times the code space (384KB), and twice the available RAM (100KB+) of Netduino Plus 1.
- four serial ports
- six PWM channels
- 12-bit ADC
- power headers that turn on and off via code, so you can power on shields when you want to
- pins can drive up to 25mA of current to light LEDs
- Arduino "R3" compatibile to support future shields (in addition to existing shields, thanks to Netduino Plus 2's 5V digital I/O tolerance)
- OneWire and Time Server directly inside the NETMF firmware
- space in flash for future features
This board is built to last, to get even more feature-rich over time.
You might notice that Adafruit swapped out the 6-pin ICSP header for a 10-pin MiniJTAG header. The goal is to enable developers to compile their own firmware using GCC--and debug both native and managed code at the same time. If you need the ICSP header for a shield, simply sandwich a MakerShield in the middle: it'll route the ICSP pins for you.
Code! Debug! Repeat!
.NET Micro Framework combines the ease of high-level coding and the raw features of microcontrollers. Enjoy event-based programming, multi-threading, line-by-line debugging, breakpoints and more.
To get a glimpse of how its done, check out the basic 'getting started' guide You can even now use the Netduino on Linux & Mac computer using open source Mono instead of .NET
And its very expandable just like the Arduino!
3rd-party accessories offer pre-built functionality like GPS location, servo control and battery power. Netduino is also pin-compatible with Arduino shields. 3rd-party drivers are required for some Arduino shields.
Design files included.
Netduino is an open source electronics platform. All design files and source code are included. Learn from the designs. Remix, and enjoy the freedom of open source.
Comes with a free microUSB cable and 4 rubber bumpers For tutorials, files, project ideas and more check out netduino.com
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.