Have your next project be controlled by your muscles with the MyoWare Muscle Sensor! Pair the MyoWare with some Muscle Sensor Surface EMG Electrodes and a microcontroller (ie. Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or Beagle Bone Black) to create a DIY low-cost version of an EMG or an electromyograph!
Electromyography is an electrodiagnostic medicine technique for evaluating and recording the electrical activity produced by skeletal muscles. Use these sensors in prosthetics, robotics, and so much more! Once you attach the sensor to a large muscle (like your bicep) you can flex and measure the signal spike as an analog voltage.
These MyoWare Muscle Sensors are designed to be used by hobbyists, backyard tinkerers, and students alike. Check the datasheet for more information and both setup configurations as well as setup instructions.
Note: Electrodes and Arduino (or other analog-reading microcontroller) not included, you'll need both to get readings out of the Myoware!
- PCB Dimensions: 52.9mm x 20.7mm x 5.1mm / 2.1" x 0.8" x 0.2"
- Snap-connector Cable Length: ~100mm / ~3.9"
- Weight: 28g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.