This dual bidirectional motor driver, from Cana Kit, is based on the very popular L298 Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver Integrated Circuit. The circuit will allow you to easily and independently control two motors of up to 2A each in both directions.
It is ideal for robotic applications and well suited for connection to a microcontroller requiring just a couple of control lines per motor. It can also be interfaced with simple manual switches, TTL logic gates, relays, etc.
The circuit incorporates 4 direction LEDs (2 per motor), a heat sink, screw-terminals, as well as eight Schottky EMF-protection diodes. Two high-power current sense resistors are also incorporated which allow monitoring of the current drawn on each motor through your microcontroller.
An on-board user-accessible 5V regulator is also incorporated which can also be used to supply any additional circuits requiring a regulated 5V DC supply of up to about 1A.
The circuit also offers a bridged mode of operation allowing bidirectional control of a single motor of up to about 4A.
- Motor supply: 6 to 35 VDC
- Control Logic: Standard TTL Logic Level
- Output Power: Up to 2 A each
- Current Sense Outputs
- Onboard Power Resistors Provided for Current Limit
- Enable and Direction Control Pins
- External Diode Bridge Provided for Output
- Heatsink for IC
- Power-On LED indicator
- 4 Direction LED indicators
Dimensions: 3 x 2.5"
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.