The Pololu 15 Amp high-power motor driver is a discrete MOSFET H-bridge designed to drive one DC brushed motor. The H-bridge is made up of one N-channel MOSFET per leg, and most of the board’s performance is determined by these MOSFETs (the rest of the board contains the circuitry to take user inputs and control the MOSFETs). The board supports a wide 5.5 to 24 V voltage range and is efficient enough to deliver a continuous 15 A without a heat sink, or 21 A with a heat sink.
With the PWM pin held low, both motor outputs will be held low (a brake operation). With PWM high, the motor outputs will be driven according to the DIR input. This allows two modes of operation: sign-magnitude, in which the PWM duty cycle controls the speed of the motor and DIR controls the direction, and locked-antiphase, in which a pulse-width-modulated signal is applied to the DIR pin with PWM held high.
The included axial capacitor should be mounted to the + and - holes in the middle of the PCB. Make sure the cap is connected with the correct orientation.
Note: Batteries that are nominally 24 V can be much higher than that when fully charged; this product is therefore not recommended for use with 24 V batteries unless appropriate measures are taken to limit the peak voltage.
- IRF7862PBF MOSFETs Motor Driver
- 1 Motor Channel
- Operating Voltage: 5.5 - 24V
- Continuous output current: 15 Amps
- Peak output current: 170 Amps
- Max PWM frequency: 40kHz
- MOSFET on-resistance: 3.7mOhm
Dimensions: 1.3" x 0.8"
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.