Swipe, tap or flick your wrist to control your Raspberry Pi with your brand new Flick HAT. Flick HAT is a 3D tracking and gesture board that lets you control the Raspberry Pi computer as if by magic!
Flick HAT is compliant with the Raspberry Pi's HAT standard size (65mm x 56.50mm) and plugs directly on top of your Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3. Flick HAT connects via the Pi's i2c interface.
Flick uses technology that enables the PCB to detect your gestures from up to 15cm away in 3D space. Draw a circle with your hand - Flick will track it. Touch, swipe, tap, double tap - Flick will track it. Flip, flap, flop, flick, left, right, up, down - Flick will track it!
Integrate Flick into your Raspberry Pi project to give you multiple ways of controlling it. Using near field gesture technology, you’re able to hide your project behind the non-conductive material (wood/acrylic) and still use Flick. Please Note. Mounting behind materials may reduce the sensor range.
Plug and play functionality allows you to get up and running within minutes. Use ModMyPi's software libraries to fully explore what you can do with Flick. Control your computer, TV, music system and more all with a Flick of the wrist!
- HAT Compliant Raspberry Pi breakout board (65mm x 56.50mm)
- Flick HAT Case Available Separately
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B, 3B
- 3D tracking - Gesture sensing up to 15cm using near-field gesture technology
- Track positional data (x,y,z)
- Gesture sensing: Touch, Tap, Double Tap, Flick, Swipe etc.
- Communicates with the Raspberry Pi via I2C
- Full software libraries (One line installer & fully opensource)
- No soldering required (Plug & Play!)
- Dimensions: 6.5cm x 5.6cm x 0.6cm
- 1x Flick HAT
- 8x Plastic bolts
- 4x Plastic spacers
- 3x Stickers
- 2x Info card
- Chip: MGC3130 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller
- Detection range: 0 to 15 cm in ideal circumstances
- Temperature Range: -20℃ to +85℃
- Position Rate: 200 positions/sec
- Spatial Resolution: up to 150 dpi
- Proximity and Touch Sensing
- Compatible with the Hillstar Development Kit over USB on PC in order to use with a computer or to program new firmware onto the board.
- Available gestures: Swipe (east to west, west to east, north to south, south to north), tap and double tap (center, east, west, north, south) and air wheel (clockwise, anti-clockwise)
- Works even through the Flick HAT case
- No detection blind spots
- Low–power design
- CE & FCC Compliant
Software & Setup
Software for the Flick boards is available here on GitHub
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners
Welcome to the Raspberry Pi Workshop for Beginners! Here you'll be able to follow along with our series of bite-sized videos that cover everything you'll need to know to get started with your Raspberry Pi, and start making awesome projects. My name...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Set up your Pimoroni Unicorn Hat on Raspberry Pi
The Pimoroni Unicorn HAT lets you add 64 dazzling RGB LEDs to your Raspberry Pi, and makes for a sickeningly colourful display. I'll show you how to get yours set up, and we'll have a go at modifying an example script. This tutorial is similar ...
- Maintaining a Project with Git
Let's have a very quick look at Git and Github - Git is an enormous topic, so this won't be an exhaustive tutorial but by the end of it we'll have a working knowledge of basic git workflow. I'll be showing this tutorial on a Raspberry Pi, ...
- Pimoroni Blinkt: Setup and first script
Not quite sure how to get started with your Pimoroni Blinkt module? Let's set one up and have a play around! We'll guide you through the installation, open up some examples and try our hand at writing a simple program. You'll need: A Raspberry Pi...
- Basics: Getting Started with the Terminal on Raspberry Pi
In this tutorial we’ll be getting familiar with basic use of the Raspberry Pi terminal. We’ll cover navigating the file-system, making directories, writing and editing text files, and just touch on the use of wildcards. To get started wi...
- Mass SD card Image Writer
We've built a mass SD card writer using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, some USB hubs and SD card readers. This beast has enough ports to write 49 SD cards at once! At Core Electronics, sometimes logistics hang-ups mean that suppliers cannot meet our demand for pre-flashed SD cards. During these periods we have to pick up the slack by manually imaging blank SD cards we source ourselves. Of course, this is a super-tedious process, and ...
- Raspberry Pi IoT Doorbell
This Raspberry Pi, IoT Doorbell is basically a simple smart Door Bell, which takes a photo of whoever rings it, and emails it to the specified email address, and keeps all the photos in a folder. (along with going Ding-Dong). Any Problems, just leave a comment/start a discussion below....
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.