Add a typing interface to your project with this microcontroller-friendly miniature keyboard. Adafruit found the smallest PS/2+USB keyboard available, a mere 8.75" x 4.65" x 0.6" (220mm x 118mm x 16mm)! It's small but usable to make a great accompaniment to either a microcontroller project or a computer such as the Beagle Bone or Raspberry Pi. The keyboard supports either USB or PS/2 interface and will automatically adjust to whichever its plugged into (there's an adapter included).
Comes with a full QWERTY keyboard, and has a num-lock number pad. Nearly all microcontrollers have existing PS/2 keyboard examples that would work fine with this keyboard. For Ardiuno users, Adafruit tried out PJRC's PS2_Keyboard library with great success - just check the 'simple text' example for which pins you can connect to on your 'duino (on an Uno Adafruit used digital pins 2 and 3). We suggest Adafruit's PS/2 adapter cable to make the wiring easy. Start typing and you'll see the data appear in the serial terminal!
To use with a Raspberry Pi, change the keyboard to USA PC104 layout:
- Switch to root user.
- Run 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and change from en_GB.UTF-8 to en_US.UTF-8.
- Run 'dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration' and change the keyboard to USA PC104 (again, change as needed).
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.