A Gakken kit best-seller, now available from the Adafruit shop: Make and play one of the world's oldest electronic musical instruments - the theremin!
The theremin is an instrument that plays eerie, otherwordly tones based on the proximity of the players hands to metal antennas. The resulting interference is transformed into music! When assembled, the Mini-Theremin is a full-fledged musical instrument with a built-in speaker.
While the instructions with this product come in Japanese (great for practicing your Kana & Kanji reading skills!) Gakken has thoughtfully provided an English guide for download here so you can quickly set up your Mini Theremin. 4 x AA batteries are required and are not included.
Gakken is a Japanese publishing company founded in 1946. In the 1970s, they began selling educational toys, books, magazines, and electronic kits. Their kits are known for their smart design and relative ease of use and have a large cult following both in Japan and the United States.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.