In collaboration with Microsoft, Adafruit's releasing IoT Starter Kits with boards, sensors, and components that are 'Azure Certified for IoT.'
Azure is Microsoft's cloud solution for IoT projects. Azure is a comprehensive and flexible program from the Microsoft team that they're extending into the open source hardware world. This starter kit includes a pre-soldered Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi with stacking headers, a FeatherWing OLED, and some sensors and components to get you started on your IoT journey.
Feather is a development board from Adafruit that, like its namesake, is thin, light and lets you fly. We designed Feather to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
The Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi with ATWINC1500 is Adafruit's take on an 'all-in-one' Arduino compatible and high speed, reliable WiFi board with built in USB and battery charging. The FeatherWing OLED adds a 128x32 monochrome OLED plus 3-user buttons to the main Feather Board.
You can also DIY your own t-shirt - as seen in the Microsoft /Build Keynote with our flexible matrix!
Note: As of April 18th, 2016 this product is no longer shipping with a Lithium Ion Battery. You can add one to this product separately.
This kit includes:
- 1x Assembled Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi w/ Feather Stacking Headers
- 1x FeatherWing OLED - 128x32 OLED Add-on
- 1x Assembled BME280 I2C or SPI Temperature/Humidity/Pressure Sensor
- 1x Micro Servo
- 1x PIR (motion) Sensor
- 1x Fast Vibration Switch
- 1x Magnetic Contact Switch (door sensor)
- 1x Full-sized Breadboard
- 1x Assembled TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6"
- 1x Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 3"
- 1x USB Cable - A/Micro B
Component bag containing:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Wi-Fly with Feather Boards
I’ll level with you; the idea of microcontrollers and wireless networks was a little daunting to me initially. How on earth was I going to connect and control it with Wi-Fi?! But when I eventually I waded into the world of networking microcontr...
- Wings of the Feather
The Feather boards are the brains of your project, we took a closer look at the different models in our Birds of Feather article, check that out first (especially if you have no idea what the difference is between a feather and a wing). You can plug ...
- Boards of a Feather
Have you ever used an Arduino board, and wanted to hook it straight up to a JST connected LiPo battery but knew it wouldn’t work? Or maybe you wanted a microcontroller with built-in wireless capabilities? Well, Adafruit has developed their fam...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.