|MaxBotix ultrasonic sensor line comparison chart.|
The Maxbotics LV-MaxSonar-EZ family of sonar range finders offers very short- to long-range detection and ranging in an incredibly small package with ultra-low power consumption. The LV-MaxSonar-EZ detects objects from 0 to 6.45 meters (21.2 feet) and provides sonar range information beyond 15 cm (6") with a resolution of 2.5 cm resolution (1 in). Objects between 0 and 15 cm range as 15 cm. The sensor provides three output interfaces, all of which are active simultaneously: digital pulse width output, analog voltage output, and asynchronous serial digital output. The LV-MaxSonar is available in five factory-calibrated beam patterns (EZ0-4).
Specifications and Features
- Small and light: 0.870" x 0.785" x 0.645" (2.2 x 2.0 x 1.6 cm), 0.15 oz (4.3 g)
- Long range detection: 0 – 6.45 m (21.2 ft)
- No dead zone (detections from 0 to 6" are output as 6")
- Resolution of 1" (2.5 cm)
- Low typical current consumption: 2 mA
- Runs on 2.5 – 5.5 V
- 42 kHz ultrasonic sensor
- 20 Hz reading rate
- Free-run or triggered operation
- Three interfaces (all are active simultaneously):
- Serial output: asynchronous, logic-level, inverted, 9600 bps 8N1
- Analog output: (Vcc/512) / inch (10 mV/inch when input voltage Vcc = 5 V)
- Pulse width output: 147 μs/inch
Selecting the right distance sensor
Since there are 15 members of the XL- and LV-MaxSonar acoustic distance sensor family, Pololu recommend using the Maxbotix sonar range finder selection guide when choosing a acoustic range sensor for your application. There are 5 different beam configurations for the LV-MaxSonar family (EZ0 – EZ4), each pictured below.
|LV-MaxSonar-EZ beam patterns (range shown on 1-foot grid to various diameter dowels)|
Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ0 MB1000 beam characteristics:
Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ1 MB1010 beam characteristics:
Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ2 MB1020 beam characteristics:
Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ3 MB1030 beam characteristics:
Maxbotix LV-MaxSonar-EZ4 MB1040 beam characteristics:
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.