This is Honeywell’s HMC5883L, a 3-axis digital magnetometer designed for low-field magnetic sensing. The sensor has a full-scale range of ±8 Guass and a resolution of up to 5 milli-Gauss.
Supplied voltage should be between 2.16 and 3.6VDC.
Communication with the HMC5883L is simple and all done through an I2C interface. All registers and operating modes are well described in the datasheet below.
Comes in a low-height, LCC surface mount package. For a breakout board, see below.
- Simple I2C interface
- 2.16-3.6VDC supply range
- Low current draw
- 5 milli-gauss resolution
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.