Minimize warping caused by drafts or cold 3D printing environments with the LulzBot Mini Enclosure by Printed Solid. This enclosure helps keep curious hands and paws away from heated and moving parts of your 3D printer. This acrylic enclosure kit can be assembled without gluing, drilling, cutting, or engraving. Separate tools and 3D printed parts are required, see more information below.
No gluing, drilling, cutting, or engraving is required for assembly.
The enclosure has a modular design, meaning pieces are easily removable for access and/or printing with large spools of filament.
The enclosure is made with optically clear, lightweight 3mm thick extruded acrylic.
The extruded acrylic can be solvent welded, so pieces can be repaired if broken.
There is a built-in location to mount a 40mm fan to vent air from the enclosure.
Upgradable using your current printer, 3D print four brackets to complete the kit.
When assembled, the enclosure sits on the same table surface as your 3D printer.
Small footprint, adding only 105mm in the Y-axis (from front to back).
- Laser cut, extruded 3mm thick acrylic sheets
- Part A: Front and rear panel with logo
- Part B: Rear cover sides
- Part C: Rear cover top
- Part D: Rear cover bottom
- Part E: Front cover sides
- Part F: Front cover top
- Part G: Front cover bottom
- Part H: Front and rear cover stiffener
- Part I: Short side cover
- Part J: Long side sover
- Part K: Top cover
- Part L: Optional top insert
- 36 M3-10mm bolts
- 8 M3-40mm bolts
- 36 M3 square nuts
- 2 M3 washers
- Printed copy of Assembly Instructions (online here)
Additional Parts Required
- Two (2) 3D printed Mini left bracket (STL) (not included, print yourself)
- Two (2) 3D printed Mini right bracket (STL) (not included, print yourself)
- 2mm hex driver
- 2.5mm hex driver
- Optional: Painters tape
- Optional: Flat razor
1-2 hours, based on skill level
LulzBot Mini Dimensions (Standard): 435mm x 340mm x 385mm
LulzBot Mini Dimensions (with Enclosure): 435mm x 445mm x 385mm
Enclosure adds an additional 105mm in the Y-axis (from front to back).
Acrylic can easily crack - do not over tighten the screws. Tighten to hold without movement. If a panel cracks, contact Printed Solid directly for replacements at a discount rate.
When cleaning, use dish soap or hand wash and a soft, clean cloth. Do not use Windex® or other glass cleaning solutions. Do not use a hard sponge, scrub, or abrasive surface.
Windex is a registered trademark of S.C. Johnson, Inc.
Have questions? Need replacements? Contact Printed Solid directly by emailing [email protected].
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.