This all-in-one 3D printer motherboard is made by Ultimachine using an Arduino MEGA microcontroller board, and comes equipped with integrated stepper drivers, built in fuses, and more. Please note that this particular RAMBo configuration does not include any wires or connectors.
Need Wires and Connectors?
The RAMBo v1.3 Kit comes with wires and connectors!
RAMBo v1.3 is built on the shoulders of the Arduino community, so hackers should consider this motherboard for additional projects beyond controlling a 3D printer.
Curious where the product's name comes from? This motherboard is a full remix of Ultimachine's popular RAMPS design, with the Arduino MEGA and stepper drivers all on one integrated PCB. Thus, the name (R)epRap (A)rduino-MEGA-compatible (M)other (Bo)ard (RAMBo) was born.
- 1x RAMBo electronics board
- Designed and Manufactured by Ultimachine
- Arduino MEGA compatible Atmega2560 and Atmega32u2 processors are compatible with all RAMPS class firmwares
- Crystals for both usb and mcu (timing accurate to 10ppm)
- 4 Thermistor jacks
- All extra pins broken out on both processors (allows using the 32u2 for LUFA AVR programmer, etc.)
- 2 channel SDRAMPS compatible SPI breakout
- Motor Drivers
- 5 A4982 1/8th microsteps motor drivers with 1,1/2,1/4,1/16 as options (2 connectors on Z for Prusa Mendel)
- Digital Trimpot for stepper current control
- Current limit on driver IC VCC to prevent permanent latchup
- Microstep mode configured by MCU through firmware (no jumpers needed)
- Test points for driver control signals
- Step and Direction pins are on their own ports for synchronous movement capability
- Extra driver ports broken out for up to 3 additional drivers (some of the motor extension pins are shared with max endstop and a pin allocated for SPI-SS extensions)
- PWM DC outputs (Extruders, Fans, Etc.)
- 6 outputs
- Low resistance mosfets for cool running
- Indicator led for each channel
- Three independent power rails
- Heated Bed, 15A 12-35V
- Extruders + fans and logic, 5A 12-35V (fuse can be exchanged for up to 10A capacity)
- Motors, 5A 12-28V (fuse can be exchanged for up to 10A capacity)
- Built in SMPS for 5V generation from 10V-26V Vin
- 4 layer
- 2oz copper on all layers
- High quality, High temperature FR4-TG130 PCB
- Gold ENIG finishing
- 2 user replaceable NANO2 fuses
- Part number: 0448005.MR
- F2: motors and on-board power supply
- F3: extruder heater + fan outputs and logic
- 1 user replaceable automotive fuse
- F4: automotive-type 15A ATO bladed fuse to for the heated bed
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Designing FDM 3D Printed Parts for Manufacture
Recently, we've talked a lot about Slicing software, settings, materials and the like. It's time to take a deeper dive into the actual design of model files. We've got a basics guide for Computer Aided Design available here. We're going to help expla...
- OctoPrint Integration with Cura 2.6+ Lulzbot Edition
OctoPrint Integration is one of my favourite new features in Cura 2.6+: LulzBot Edition. In short, this integration means that you can print and control your 3D Printer via it's OctoPrint server. All from within your slicer window on your PC. The cur...
- Cura 2: Lulzbot Edition for Intermediate Users
After some serious touch time your LulzBot 3D Printer and the quick print options in Cura 2, it's more than likely that you want to make more specific changes to the way 3D Models are printed. Whether it be, changing the support type and style to mak...
- Third Hand Webcam Mount for the LulzBot Taz 6
When making a webcam mount for your 3D Printer, there are physical limitations for where you can have the camera sitting safely throughout the whole print. A while back, we remixed a really nicely designed bed mount for the Raspi Camera so that it wo...
- Unleash your creativity: 3D Printing with Soluble Supports
Recently, we got a brand new Dual Extruder v3 Tool Head from LulzBot and took a dive into the design of it, mainly, what makes it so great for Dual Extrusion with our 3D Printers. First, a quick recap, Dual Extruding is the process of using two filam...
- Time lapsing in OctoPrint (Properly!)
Now that we have decked out our Lulzbot Taz 6 3D Printer with a really nice looking acrylic enclosure, I'm just about ready to turn on some serious 3D printing work. But before I dive into that endless pool of fun, it's a good time to take 5 minutes and set up our Taz 6 and it's OctoPrint Server with a bed-mounted camera and light system. That way I can monitor my prints from the other side of the warehouse using OctoPrint, and m...
- Meet 'Holman' the Ultimate Bluetooth Speaker
Who says you can't have it all? Good looks and a great sound! My name is 'Holman" and I'm a Bluetooth speaker in the form of mans best friend - a dog of course! Why is my name Holman? Well, that's the name of the manufacturer of the PVC pipe I used and the name grew on me as I completed the project! Whilst this might look like a complex project if you have access to the metric PVC pipe and a 3D printer I'm actually quite easy t...
- The Hipster Coaster
We wanted to make a interactive display of the fun that can be had with DIY projects to take to Sydney Mini Maker Faire. We decided to do so by utilising the TinkerKit Braccio from Arduino.org, alongside some 3D Printing ingenuity, for an engaging display for all ages. Enter the Hipster Coaster in all its glory. All the parts were printed seperately on our family of Lulzbot 3D Printers, later stuck together using a mi...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.