You can swap a coin-cell powered design that uses one-use Lithium 2450 cells for this rechargeable cell. This battery is like a little Lithium Ion battery, but in coin cell shape. It doesn't have a huge capacity, only about 120mAh, compared to the 600mAh common to primary non-rechargeable cells.
There are a few things to watch out for when using these batteries:
- These cells do not have protection circuitry built in, so use only the charger we suggest below
- Do not over-draw from these cells - stop using and recharge once they reach 2.75V
- Check the datasheet for more information on proper use
Additional safety notes: Do not use a NiMH/NiCad/lead-acid charger! Also, do not abuse these batteries, do not short, bend, crush or puncture. As with all Lithium ion batteries and with any power source - they should be used by experts who are comfortable working with power supplies.
Lithium Ion Rechargable Coin Cell Battery - LIR2450 (16:34)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.