If you'd like to get some LEDs or analog strips blinking for your costume, prop or project, but don't want to do any programming, you may want to try out the LED Magician! It's kinda like a pre-programmed Arduino designed for driving LEDs, and has many built-in effects. Note it is not designed for use with 'smart' LEDs such as NeoPixels, DotStars, or other digital addressable LEDs. Best used with 'bare' LEDs or analog LED strips.
The LED Magician is an LED running light generator that is easy to install and use. It's tiny form factor and design is ideal for all LED related installations such as costumes, movie or stage props, RC toys, robotics or even lighting mods for your car or bike! This is the product that adds blinking/fading/chasing sequences to your otherwise boring LED lights!
Works with any 4.5v - 28v lightings. With up to 500mA output across each of its 12 Channels, you can install up to 50 LEDs per channel or 100 LEDs per channel at 5mA each. It is also ideal in driving analog LED Strips! 32 Pre-programmed blinking/chasing/ fading/running modes with 8 variable speeds are controlled by 4 buttons on the circuit board. It also features 12 indicator LEDs that shows a preview of the current running sequence and a smart microchip that "remembers" your last settings even after poweroffs.
No programming or software required!
- 12 output channels
- Input Voltage = Output Voltage
- Outputs of up to 500mA per channel
- 32 Pre-programmed sequences, including blinking, chasing, fading effects & more
- 8 variable speeds
- Control via 4 buttons on-board the module
- Options to wire-out the controls, or control using a micro-controller (eg. Arduino etc.)
- Accepts a wide range of voltages ranging from 4.5v to 28v
- Low power consumption
- Indicator LEDs on-board shows a preview of the current sequence
- Small footprint ideal for LED costumes, LED Signages, Auto, RC or Robotic Projects
- 100% Surface-Mount Components
- “Remembers” your last setting even after power-off via non-volatile EEPROM chip
- Selectable input/output voltage range
- Dedicated output ports with common anode (Positive +)
- Application expands beyond LEDs, use it to control motors, switches, relays etc.
- Use it to drive relays for higher currents
Comes with one assembled LED Magician controller. No LEDs, batteries, or power suppliers included
- Working Voltage: DC 4.5V - 28V (Min. 3V, Max. 30V)
- Output Channels: 12 Channels
- Output Voltage: Output Current: Max 6A (500mA per channel)
- Modes: 32 pre-programmed sequences, 8 variable speeds
- Type: Common Anode
- Controls: Via 4 x onboard push-buttons / TTL High/Low (via control output pins)
- Power Consumption: Quiescent current - 6mA, With all indicator LEDs on -12mA
- Working Temperature: -10 to 50°C
- Indicator LEDs: 12 x BLUE SMD LED
- 40mm x 65mm x 7mm / 1.6" x 2.6" x 0.3"
- Weight: 11g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.