The Leap Motion Controller is a fascinating new computer sensor that uses multiple cameras and IR light to detect motion in a 3D space. It tracks both hands and all 10 fingers with pinpoint precision and incredible speed. Just plug into your computer, download the software, and launch Leap's SDK to get started.
- Tracks hands, fingers, and pointable tools
- Sub-millimeter accuracy and near-zero latency
- 8 cubic feet of interactive 3D space
- 150° field of view extending above the device
- Compact device at 3" long
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux via USB
- SDKs in six programming languages
- New: Image API provides developers access to raw stereo image
Leap Motion has an active developer community where you can create, share, and discover a wide variety of open-source integrations, cool projects, and fun hacks. Makers and robot lovers can use the tracking data to control almost anything – from flying drones and robotic arms to LEDs and 3D printers. You can integrate your Leap Motion Controller with an Arduino, map your hand motions to your favorite robot, use it with the Oculus Rift, or drive a remote-controlled car over Wi-Fi. And with the new raw image pass-through and top-down hand tracking software updates, you can now literally reach into the world of virtual and augmented reality, where the possibilities are truly endless.
For Windows and Mac computers, your new device also comes with access to the Leap Motion App Store. This is the place to find a wide variety of specially designed free and paid apps for gaming, music, art creation, science, productivity, and much more. It comes with a free set of apps, including Sculpting – a powerful creative tool that lets you mold virtual clay in the air and export your models for 3D printing.
Each order includes one Leap Motion Controller, a couple USB 2.0 cables (24" and 60"), and one information guide.
- 30mm x 80mm x 13mm / 1.2" x 3.2" x 0.5"
- Weight: 0.07g
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7 or 8 or Mac OS X 10.7
- AMD PhenomTM II or Intel® CoreTM i3 / i5 / i7 Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for all Leap Motion products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.