A bag of DP-50 developer is mixed with 1 litre of 25°C water. The exposed PCB is gently agitated in solution. The exposed areas of resist will dissolve into the solution, leaving the green resist in areas that were not exposed to UV light.
If the resist does not fully remove from the exposed areas, the UV received was insufficient. Possible causes are: Insufficient exposure time; the UV source is old and not producing enough UV; incorrect UV frequency (use 350~450µm UV source); the artwork is not UV transmissive. Our UV Exposure Box is recommended for this use.
When the DP-50 solution no longer develops the resist in a timely manner, it can be neutralised for safer disposal using the Kinsten BV-5 kit, converting the developer to a gel for easy disposal.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.