Join the learning revolution sweeping the globe! 3D printers, robotics, programming, wearable computing, and Arduino capture the imaginations of today’s student. When exciting new technologies combine with hands-on traditions, your classroom becomes a maker-space where learning soars.
Using technology to make, repair, or customize the things we need democratizes engineering, design, and computer science. Fortunately for educators, this maker movement overlaps with the natural inclinations of children and the power of learning by doing. Making, tinkering and engineering are how people learn and work in the twenty-first century.
This book explores how you can join the exciting maker movement and turn any K-12 classroom into a center of innovation.
- Author: Sylvia Libow Martinez & Gary S. Stager, Ph.D.
- Publisher: Constructing Modern Knowledge Press
- Paperback: 252 pages
- ISBN 10: 0-9891-5110-7
- ISBN 13: 978-0-9891-5110-8
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.