Have some fun coding your very own AI robot with TJBot, a do-it-yourself template to learn, experiment, and explore AI with IBM Watson. The project consists of open-source step-by-step recipes, or coding instructions, designed for a Raspberry PI to help you connect your TJBot to Watson developer services.
Born at IBM Research as an experiment to develop best practices in the design and implementation of AI and cognitive objects, TJBot is an example of ‘embodied cognition’ – the idea of embedding artificial intelligence into objects in our everyday lives. Want to have a conversation with TJBot, teach TJBot to dance, or tell a joke? You can use featured TJBot recipes to teach your own TJBot these skills or create your own new recipes and share them with the world.
In this version of the TJBot Kit, we include a laser-cut template to form the body of the Bot, LEDs, a microphone, the Raspberry Pi, SD Card, and wires to connect everything together.
- TJBot Laser Cut Cardboard
- Raspberry Pi Model 3
- 16GB NOOBS Card
- USB Microphone
- USB cable
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.