This kit contains the essential mechanical components you need to build your very own Humble Velocipede. The Humble Velocipede is a playful desktop toy designed to scuttle over countertops and coffee tables. The walking machine walks best when applying downward pressure to the center of its top bar and pushing it forward and backward.
You can 3D-print or laser-cut the body and leg parts, but you'll still need some special bent metal bits to make it go round-and-round. That's where this kit comes in. You get all the extras you need to put together this robotic friend:
- The crankshaft is made from a single steel rod bent into a resilient core which is responsible for coordinating the movement of the legs.
- The hip shafts act as pivot points for all the legs and are made from hardened steel that will hold up to extensive use over time.
- The spring pins act as joints for the machine, providing strong and low-friction connection points between the tendons and the legs.
3D files for use with this kit are available for free here.
Note: 3D printed / laser cut parts not included! You only get the metal parts that pair with the 3D printed parts you provide.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.