ArcBotics’ Hexy the Hexapod is a fully articulated hexapod robot kit. Hexy has six legs, 19 servo motors and is powered by Arduino, while maintaining a price 4-10x less expensive than current hexapod robots. It makes complex robotics less costly, easier to learn with the tutorials and documentation, while being radically more fun (and cute!). At the same time its built with completely open source hardware and software, making discovery and extension as easy as building it in the first place. Hexy has been featured on Engadget, Wired, New York Times, MAKE, and more.
Use it to learn advanced robotics concepts like inverse kinematics, or use pre-built code to have it march to your bidding. Build it using the high-quality picture filled tutorials, and it is ready to walk, play and dance with pre-built demos. Adding moves is as easy as opening and editing a text file, and moves are easily share-able as simple text files.
- Low cost, 1/10th the price of other hexapod kits
- Program moves as a text file. Easy commands like "rotate right 40 deg"
- Easy to program more functionality. Arduino micro controller, Python move generator/controller
- Easy to assemble – Full step-by-step tutorials, geared towards the high school level and above
- Completely Arduino-compatible, the Servotor32 controller uses the same chip as the Arduino Leonardo
- Comes with demo moves pre-available. Have it dance immediately once built!
- Completely Open-Source. Code, Laser cutter DXF/STL/SLDWRKS files, electronics board files, everything. Go nuts.
It comes with:
- Everything needed to build the kit, even the screwdriver.
- Ultrasonic distance sensor eyes
- Acrylic laser-cut pieces in blue
- 20 servos (18 for legs, 1 for eyes, 1 extra)
- Full arduino-based Servotor32 robot controller capable of controlling up to 32 Servos
- All the screws and nuts you need to assemble the kit, with extras
- Bluetooth module that plugs straight into the Servotor32 robot controller
For all technical issues, replacement and warranty assistance for the ArcBotics products please contact ArcBotics.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.