Capturing high-definition video is a challenge for any project, but a great way to see where you’re project has been, especially if it’s something like an autonomous robot or a high-altitude balloon. The downside is that traditional video cameras can be heavy, difficult to mount, and triggering them to record can require some hacking. So why not use a video camera that was designed for hacking? The HackHD is a bare-bones camera that records 1080P video at 30 frames-per-second. Just attach a 3.7V Li-Po battery or other 3.7V source and a pushbutton and you have a fully functional camcorder. Because recording is triggered with a simple button-press, it can easily be controlled using a microcontroller or simple sensor.
Video is recorded onto a microSD card (not included) and the HackHD supports cards up to 32GB. The HackHD also has a composite video output which can be viewed while it’s recording as well as an external audio input which overrides the on-board microphone when used. An LED can be attached to the LED output as an indicator of the camera’s status.
Note: To save you a few bucks, we’re selling just the camera by itself. The included instruction manual mentions a battery holder, pushbutton, LED, SD card, etc. but they are not included. You probably have those things laying around, why pay twice?
Dimensions: 65 x 40 x 25mm
- Resolution: 1080P HD
- Frame Rate: 30 FPS (frames per second)
- Coding: H.264
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- File Format: AVI
- Storage: External microSD Card (2GB - 32GB)
- Lens: 2.5mm (EFL), F2.8, 160 degree (diagonal) wide angle lens
- Control Input: Single contact momentary switch
- Video Output: Composite video
- Status Indicator Output: Single color LED driver
- Power Supply: External 3.7V, 1100mAH minimum
- Power Output: 3.7V DC, 500mAH
- Working Temperature: -10degC to +45degC
- Storage Temperature: -20degC to +70degC
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.