The GeoHelix antenna from Sarentel is a one of those really odd looking antennas. Block ceramic antennas have good gain, but really have to be facing up towards the sky to get a good signal. Helical antennas (and Sarantel seems to have the world wide patent on them) have slightly lower gain, but can get a signal in many more orientations - more like real world usage. Use this antenna if you’re not sure how the GPS unit will be oriented toward the sky.
Based on the patented GeoHelix technology, the SL1204 integrates a high performance, optimized gain, low-noise amplifier with Sarantel’s second generation GeoHelix antenna for receivers requiring an active input. The SL1204 provides typical 18dB gain and has been optimally designed to work best with the latest generation of GPS chipsets.
This unit comes as a bare module with a black plastic cap protecting the copper etched antenna underneath.
- Medium gain - 18dB typical
- Rejects conducted noise form application
- Wide cardioid beamwidth (>135° typical)
- Negligible detuning close to human body
- SMT compatible
- Low current consumption
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.