Gameduino 2 is a shield that adds a bright 4.3 inch touchscreen, an embedded GPU, headphone jack, accelerometer and microSD slot to your Arduino - or anything else with an SPI interface. Everything you need to create compelling games – right in your hand.
Sound output is via an amplified headphone jack. The system supports a selection of built-in samples and instruments, and can also play samples from video memory, at up to 48KHz.
The sound and graphics are definitely old-school, but thanks to the latest FPGA technology, the sprite capabilities are a step above those in machines from the past.
Here are some handy stats:
- Video output is 480x272 pixels in 24-bit color
- OpenGL-style command set
- Up to 2000 sprites, any size
- 256 Kbytes of video RAM
- Smooth sprite rotate and zoom with bilinear filtering
- Smooth circle and line drawing in hardware - 16x antialiased
- JPEG loading in hardware
- Built-in rendering of gradients, text, dials and buttons
The FT800 graphics co-processor can handle media in several formats to reduce the memory footprint:
- Decodes JPEGs directly for lossless image loading, decompresses
- Audio samples can be 8-bit linear, uLaw or ADPCM
Built into the GPU’s ROM are:
- High-quality fonts in 6 sizes
- Samples of 8 musical instruments, playable by MIDI note
- Samples of 10 percussion sounds
And of course you can load your own fonts and audio samples into the 256KB RAM.
Check out the product page for tutorials, examples, libraries, demos, etc
Gameduino 2 with 4.3" 480x272 Display and Touchscreen (12:05)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.