Just bought a USBDroid and looking for basic setup information? See the USBDroid Getting Started guide. Want to take it a bit further? Seen the Resources links below.
The USBDroid combines the functionality of the Freetronics Eleven along with a USB host-mode controller and a microSD memory card slot all merged together into a single, integrated board that is 100% Arduino compatible.
This is the ideal platform for developing peripherals or projects based around Android devices with ADK (Android Developer Kit) functionality, but without requiring a USB host controller shield stacked onto an Arduino.
Connect your Android phone for all kinds of controller and networking features, and other USB devices like game controllers, Bluetooth dongles, digital cameras, etc.
All the good things about the Eleven are included:
- Gold-plated PCB.
- Top and bottom parts overlays.
- Top-spec ATmega328P MCU.
- D13 pin isolated with a MOSFET so you can use it as an input.
- Robust power filtering.
- Sexy rounded corners.
- PC communications with the Mini-USB connector: no more shorts against shields!
- And of course the USB Host connector to go out to your Android phone and other USB devices.
In addition we've included a high current onboard power supply so you can charge your Android device directly off the USBDroid.
- Getting Started guide (PDF)
- USBDroid schematic / project worksheet (PDF)
- Driver file for Windows
- USB Host library for Arduino
- Design files on GitHub
- Combining the LCD & Keypad Shield and a USBDroid
- "USBDroid" section of the Freetronics Forum
- Accessory Development Kit for Android
- Using the USBDroid and Handbag to develop apps (external link)
- UD (-101)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.