Note: This module has been replaced by the FreePixel RGB LED Module
This is a colour LED with a brain! Includes a bright RGB LED on the top of the board and a WS2801 constant-current, addressable, multi-channel LED driver on the back. This smart module can be daisy-chained, so you can connect a number of these together in a string and drive each of the module colours individually from your microcontroller.
The WS2801 control IC includes its own built-in PWM outputs, so once you’ve set the brightness it will maintain it independently.
- 3.3 to 5V operation
- Constant current controller
- Requires just 2 data connections: clock and data
- Input and output headers on opposite sides of the board for easy daisy-chaining
- Dimensions: 18(W) x 18(H) x 5(D)mm
The module includes mounting holes suitable for M3 or 1/8" bolts.
- Tutorial / Getting Started Guide
- FTRGBLED Arduino Library (instructions in Getting Started Guide)
- RGBLED Schematic and Reference (PDF)
- Discuss in the forum
- Design files
- RGBLED (75)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade