Note: This module has been replaced by the FreePixel RGB LED Module
This is a colour LED with a brain! Includes a bright RGB LED on the top of the board and a WS2801 constant-current, addressable, multi-channel LED driver on the back. This smart module can be daisy-chained, so you can connect a number of these together in a string and drive each of the module colours individually from your microcontroller.
The WS2801 control IC includes its own built-in PWM outputs, so once you’ve set the brightness it will maintain it independently.
- 3.3 to 5V operation
- Constant current controller
- Requires just 2 data connections: clock and data
- Input and output headers on opposite sides of the board for easy daisy-chaining
- Dimensions: 18(W) x 18(H) x 5(D)mm
The module includes mounting holes suitable for M3 or 1/8" bolts.
- Tutorial / Getting Started Guide
- FTRGBLED Arduino Library (instructions in Getting Started Guide)
- RGBLED Schematic and Reference (PDF)
- Discuss in the forum
- Design files
- RGBLED (75)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.