- Arduino compatible (Arduino libraries available for all components)
- OBD-II connector for pluging into vehicle OBD-II port
- Fast (up to 100Hz) access to OBD-II PIDs available from vehicle ECU (including VIN & DTC)
- microSD seat for mass-storage up to 32GB
- Built-in voltmeter
- Built-in MPU-9150 9-axis MEMS module (accelerometer, gyro, compass, temperature)
- Built-in BLE/SPP module for wireless data communication
- Built-in 5Hz U-Blox G6010 GPS module and ceramic antenna
The main controller of Freematics Vehicle Data Logger is an ATMega328P which is same as that on an Arduino UNO and can be reprogrammed with standard Arduino IDE. The OBD-II data as well as all the onboard peripherals can be easily accessed through well-maintained Arduino libraries. Compiled sketch are downloaded to the adapter through ICSP (SPI pins) by USBasp or Arduino as ICSP. For more information about programming the Freematics Vehicle Data Logger, please refer to users guide.
What’s the difference from all other OBD-II readers?
Many people may compare all those widely available OBD-II readers with Freematics Vehicle Data Logger. The following table shows their significant differences.
How can it be useful?
Vehicle data logger with wireless connectivity
With OBD-II access, built-in GPS and mass-storage, this product can work as an unattended vehicle data logger. Driving routes can also be recorded together with real-time vehicle data and other sensor data. The on-board Bluetooth module provides connectivity with mobile devices like smartphone or tablet which can be used as the live data viewing or history data analysis terminal.
Data bridge between vehicle and software applications
The adapter can work as a wireless data bridge between the vehicle and software applications, either smartphone App or desktop program. Its advantage over conventional Bluetooth OBD-II reader is that the data can be cached and stored inside the adapter, so that even the smartphone or computer is is disconnected with the adapter, data won’t lose.
- Freematics Vehicle Data Logger V3 x1
- USBasp Programmer (optional) x1
- OBD-II extension cable (optional) x1
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.