The Fio v3 is a new spin on the Arduino Fio hardware powered by the ATmega32U4.Not only is it small and LiPo-ready, it’s a very capable XBee-ready development board.
The JST-connector and 3.3v system voltage make this a great development tool for portable devices, simply plug in a Li-Poly battery and you’re ready to go. Wireless sensor networks and communication are made easy by the on-board XBee socket.
The ATmega32U4, running at 8MHz, makes it possible for you to use the on-board USB jack not only to charge a connected Li-Poly battery but to actually program the device! Because this board uses a similar bootloader to the one on the Pro Micro, you will need to download and install the special software driver below. There’s also a board definition add-on for the Arduino IDE which will add support for this board.
We’ve updated this to the latest version of the 32U4 firmware, see the firmware note in the documents below!
Note: See the GitHub link below for support with the Arduino IDE.
- ATmega32U4 running at 8MHz
- Arduino-Compatible Bootloader
- XBee Socket
- Lithium Polymer Battery Compatible
- MCP73831T LiPo Charger
- Reset button
- On/Off Switch
- Status/Charge/RSSI LEDs
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.