This is an evaluation board for the ADXL345 three-axis MEMS accelerometer. The ADXL345 is an awesome little accelerometer, capable of measuring acceleration of up to ±16g at up to 13-bit resolution. The evaluation board includes everything you’ll need to adjust the ADXL345’s settings, and monitor and log its outputs. The on-board ATmega328 takes care of all the I2C/SPI communication with the ADXL345, and it will also log the x-, y-, and z-axis acceleration values onto a uSD card.
The board includes a USB interface, which allows you to read/write any of the ADXL345’s registers using a terminal emulator. The default baud rate is 57600bps (8-N-1). The UART pins are also broken out allowing a direct TTL interface with the processor. Power can be supplied by 2xAA batteries, or with a 3.0-3.3VDC power supply at the VCC/GND pins.
The ADXL345 evaluation board does not include batteries, uSD card or a USB cable, check the related items section below for these products. The source code provided below is written in C and bundled with hex files ready to load, however we’ve also made an Arduino sketch available that returns values from the ADXL345 so that you can take advantage of the Bootloader. The Arduino sketch doesn’t do anything with the on-board LEDs but it does operate the accelerometer.
- ADXL345 triple-axis accelerometer installed
- microSD card socket for FAT32/16 data logging
- Arduino bootloader “Lilypad Arduino w/ ATmega328”
- USB connector for serial communication
- 2xAA battery sockets to power board
- Pre-installed firmware logs ADXL345 outputs and allows you to read/write registers via USB
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.