The line-tracking mouse is an excellent, low-cost robot for someone who has previous soldering experience and would like to get started with robots. This kit features two independent gearboxes, two printed circuit boards, a plywood base, and a clear, mouse-shaped body.
This kit includes three infrared sensors along the bottom of the robot and a microphone that allows you to start the robot by clapping or tapping its body. Three LEDs show you what the robot “sees”, and two other LEDs light up when their corresponding motors are on. The mouse runs off of four AA batteries.
If you want to learn how to solder, see the Learn to Solder Kit.
Note: The Elenco line-tracking mouse is a kit; assembly is required. This kit requires soldering. Four AA batteries are required but not included.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.