Dual gearbox from Tamiya. This is an excellent way to get started quickly with robotics! You may have read many websites about servos, gear head motors, DC motors, stepper motors, and the pit-falls associated with each. We swear by these gearboxes because of their price, their ease in assembly, and the ability to be controlled by low-cost motor driver ICs. This gear box can drive two wheels independently in either forward or reverse. The twin-motor gearbox can also be configured for two different gear ratios (fast and faster). Gearbox comes unassembled as shown.
- Includes gears, housing, motors, lube, and allen wrench
- 58:1 and 203:1 gear ratios possible
- Motors operate from 1.5-3V
- Can be controlled by L293DNE, SN754410, and other low-cost motor drivers
- Mounting holes and hardware included
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.