The IDG-500 is a very small, dual-axis angular rate sensor (gyroscope). It uses InvenSense’s proprietary and patented MEMS technology with vertically driven, vibrating masses to make a functionally complete, low-cost, dual-axis angular rate sensor. All required
electronics are integrated onto a single chip with the sensor.
The IDG-500 gyro uses two sensor elements with novel vibrating dual-mass bulk silicon configurations that sense the rate of rotation about the X- and Y-axis (in-plane sensing). This results in a unique, integrated dual-axis gyro with guaranteed-by-design vibration rejection and high cross-axis isolation. It is specifically designed for demanding consumer applications requiring low cost, small size and high performance.
The IDG-500 gyro includes the integrated electronics necessary for application-ready functionality. It incorporates X- and Y-axis low-pass filters and an EEPROM for on-chip factory calibration of the sensor. Factory trimmed scale factors eliminate the need for external active components and end-user calibration. This product is lead-free and Green Compliant.
Note: We found some left over IDG500s in our production stock and are bringing them back for a limited time. We will not be stocking these gyros once they are gone, get them while you can!
- 3V single-supply operation
- Integrated X- and Y-axis gyros on a single chip
- Two separate outputs per axis for standard and high sensitivity:
X-/Y-Out Pins: 500°/s full scale range 2.0mV/°/s sensitivity
X/Y4.5Out Pins: 110°/s full scale range 9.1mV/°/s sensitivity
- Integrated amplifiers and low-pass filters
- Auto-Zero function
- On-chip temperature sensor
- High vibration rejection over a wide frequency range
- High cross-axis isolation by proprietary MEMS design
- Hermetically sealed for temp and humidity resistance
- 10,000 g shock tolerant
Dimensions: 4 x 5 x 1.2mm
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.