This lightweight, flexible fabric ribbon cable contains four channels of conductive thread, perfect for wiring up wearables where flexibility is key. Use it to connect your conductive fabric gamepad to your microcontroller or computer!
- Low resistance: ~16 Ω / ft. [304.80 mm]
- 4 Conductor connections
- Power and data applications
- Washable and dryable
- Stitchable over apparel construction seams
- Foldable onto itself without shorting
- 100% Polyester; grosgrain weave
- Silver plated nylon; 260/96, 4-ply
- 4 Channels
- Channels spaced 0.106” [2.69 mm] apart
- White color
- Sold in 1 yard lengths
- Weight: 3.99g/yd
Besides alligator clips, Digikey part #609-4477-ND is a recommended connector to use with this ribbon cable.
Note: Although oxidation is severely reduced by the textile ribbon insulating the four channels of conductive thread, all silver thread is prone to gaining resistance over time and may eventually lose conductivity altogether. Please keep this in mind before purchase, we do not know how long this will last since it's a new product, stop back for updates as Adafruit use and experiment with this material.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.