This lightweight, flexible fabric ribbon cable contains four channels of conductive thread, perfect for wiring up wearables where flexibility is key. Use it to connect your conductive fabric gamepad to your microcontroller or computer!
- Low resistance: ~16 Ω / ft. [304.80 mm]
- 4 Conductor connections
- Power and data applications
- Washable and dryable
- Stitchable over apparel construction seams
- Foldable onto itself without shorting
- 100% Polyester; grosgrain weave
- Silver plated nylon; 260/96, 4-ply
- 4 Channels
- Channels spaced 0.106” [2.69 mm] apart
- Black color
- Sold in 1 yard lengths
- Weight: 3.99g/yd
Besides alligator clips, Digikey part #609-4477-ND is a recommended connector to use with this ribbon cable.
Note: Although oxidation is severely reduced by the textile ribbon insulating the four channels of conductive thread, all silver thread is prone to gaining resistance over time and may eventually lose conductivity altogether. Please keep this in mind before purchase, we do not know how long this will last since it's a new product, stop back for updates as Adafruit use and experiment with this material.
Conductive thread ribbon cable - Black - 1 yard (0:48)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.