Experiment with paper electronics with this silver conductive ink pen that will let you draw traces! Adafruit like the make of this pen, it has a nice liquid silver ink that flows easily, and it works great. In just 3 minutes from opening the packaging, Adafruit made the image above, a coin cell holder with an LED.
There are two 'tips' available - standard and micro. The microtip allows for finer control but is a little harder to use (because it doesn't deposit as much silver at once).The CW2200STP (standard tip pen) has an orifice size of 1 mm and will draw traces that will average 2.0 mm in width. The CW2200MTP (micro-tip pen) has an orifice size of 0.7 mm and will draw traces that average 1.5 mm in width. See the image above with a demonstration of the kind of traces you can draw with each of the lines (by someone with no practice :)
Adafruit strongly suggest reading the excellent tutorial document written by the makers which discusses use, shelf life, safety, soldering, and more!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.