The MPR121 capacitive keypad uses the MPR121 and 12 touch sensitive pads to give you a simple ‘keypad’ with an I2C output. These keypads function by measuring the capacitance of twelve electrode points. When an object comes close to the electrode connector, the measured capacitance changes. This signals the MPR121 that something has touched a ‘button’.
The board also has four mounting holes allowing it to be used as an input system in place of traditional buttons. This keypad outputs 3.3V logic. If you are using a board which only accepts 5V logic, you will run into a problem. You will want to use a logic level converter, or a board which accepts 3.3V logic.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.