This is a handy little Bluetooth USB mini-adapter. This adapter supports Bluetooth v2.0 class 1 and has a maximum distance of up to 100m. The adapter also includes an indicator LED. Great for laptops and if you’re on the go!
This device does not include any drivers or software, however, you shouldn’t need any as it supports the native Windows Bluetooth stack (Windows XP, Vista, 7). Plug it in and Windows should handle the rest.
Of course, we couldn’t resist taking it apart.
- Bluetooth v2.0 +EDR Class 1 (class 1 is manufacturer rated)
- Maximum wireless distance: 100m
- Supports native Windows Bluetooth stack - no CD needed
Please note: Many of these modules have been found to have the same Bluetooth address. If you’re simply trying to connect from your computer to a cell phone or headset, these will work great. If you’re attempting to attach multiple modules to a computer, the computer will not be able to address both modules at the same time.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Choose a Bluetooth Module For Your Project
Alright, so we know that Bluetooth is awesome, and if you don’t, take a read of our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial. But how exactly do we go about implementing Bluetooth communication in our projects? Well, fortunately for us, there are Blu...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
- How to Use HC-05 Bluetooth Modules
So we’ve taken a look at what Bluetooth is in our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial, and hopefully, you’ve found our Choosing a Bluetooth Module For Your Project tutorial useful in deciding which Bluetooth module is right for your p...
- Introduction to Bluetooth
Nowadays, everything is going wireless. Phones, computers, game controllers, consoles, everything! Wireless technology has allowed us to use electronic devices with an untethered freedom which just isn’t possible with clunky cables hanging of...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.