The BR-LE4.0-S3A is a standalone Class 1 Bluetooth 4.0 module that requires no firmware or external components. Custom client applications can be written directly onto the module, which supports both analog and digital peripherals, eliminating the need for a second microprocessor. Alternately, the BR-LE4.0-S3A can be integrated into an existing design as a HCI network processor device, with a host processor running the core application and the BR-LE4.0-S3A providing Bluetooth low energy communications.
The BR-LE 4.0-S3A module is equipped with an integrated antenna and is able to run Bluetooth protocols and profiles at low energy and power consumption (2V - 3.6V and 31mA). Each BR-LE 4.0-S3A utilizes the TI CC2541 SoC with 256K Flash (8K RAM), a maximum communicating range of 100m line of site distance, a maximum data rate of 3Mbps, and a frequency band of 2.402GHz to 2.48GHz.
Note: We received these Bluetooth 4.0 modules for a wireless board we ultimately decided to scrap. Therefore, we wanted to at least give you, the customer, the opportunity to use this BR-LE 4.0-S3A in whatever application you’d prefer! Once this module is sold out we will not be ordering it again, get it while you can!
- Frequency: 2.402GHz - 2.48GHz
- Data Rate (Max): 1Mbps
- Power - Output: 4dBm
- Sensitivity: -95dBm
- Voltage - Supply: 2V - 3.6V
- Current - Receiving: 22.1mA
- Current - Transmitting: 31.6mA
- Memory Size: 130kB Flash, 2.5kB RAM
- UART (2 or 4 wire with CTS/RTS, 9600 to 460.8K baud), SPI, and I2C data interfaces
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.