Blinky Grid is a 7x8 LED grid kit from Wayne&Layne that has an ingenious method of programming. Instead of connecting it directly to your computer using old fashioned 'wires' - the board is held up directly to your computer screen, and an easy-to-use web page will 'blink' in the text or image you want. Its a fun and simple kit but with the bonus that you get to make it look the way you want when done, without a microcontroller programmer!
This is a great beginner kit, easy to make even if you are have never soldered before. You will need basic hand tools such as a soldering iron, solder and diagonal cutters. Then to program, use any computer with a FireFox or Chrome web browser. You'll have a finished custom blinky in under an hour!
There's a lot more information including soldering tutorial, programming page, schematics and more at the Blinky Grid Page
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.