This (almost) ready-assembled robot requires no soldering, no wires and nothing more than a screwdriver to complete it.
NOTE: BBC Micro:Bit is NOT included. Please purchase HERE if required
The Bit:Bot fully engages children and adults alike, allowing you to explore and code the BBC Micro:Bit using any of the languages available (not all features are supported in all languages)
- 2x micro-metal gear motors. Both fully controllable in software, for both speed (0 to 100%) and direction (forward or reverse)
- 12x mini neopixels in 2 sets of 6 along the arms either side. Select any colour for any pixel, produce stunning lighting effects as your Bit:Bot moves around
- 2x digital line following sensors. Code your own line-following robots and race them to see whose code produces the fastest lap time!
- 2x analog light sensors (front left and front right) so your Bit:Bot can be programmed to follow a light source such as a torch, or you could code it to go and hide in the darkest place it can find
- Wheels with rubber tyres for maximum grip
- Really smooth nylon ball front caster
- Buzzer, so you can make beeping sounds whenever you want
- Powered from integrated 3x AA battery holder with on/off switch and blue indicator LED
- Easily plug your BBC micro:bit in and out using the edge connector
- Extension port for addition neopixels
- Expansion connections at the front for additional sensors (Ultrasonic rangefinder available now, more in development)
- Optionally, you can add an Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (rangefinder) module. The sensor can be either soldered to the module, or connected via a socket. No soldering is required for either version. The socketed version makes it easier to connect a straight micro-USB lead to the Micro:Bit, but the soldered version is more robust.
4tronix also have an option for a pen holder that is fitted at the back. This can be plain, or have LEDs on to create a glow ring effect around the pen
See 4tronix's detailed blog entry for example code snippets and application ideas
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Data Logging with the Micro:bit and OpenLog
The Micro:bit by BBC is a great data collection tool, it just needs a little help remembering what it has measured! This tutorial is made for those Micro:bit projects where transmitting your sensor data over radio or Bluetooth to a computer just won&...
- Natural Disaster Sensor Project for Micro:bit
The Micro:bit is a feature-packed development board that’s perfect for the classroom or the beginner programmer. Each Micro:bit has a built-in radio that can transmit and receive signals sent from other Micro:bits. The radio has a range of up t...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.