This AutoDriver makes it easy to put the L6470 Stepper Driver (a.k.a “dSPIN”) to work in your project. Simply connect your motors and your SPI-capable microcontroller and get steppin'!
STMicro’s L6470 is a 3A, 8-45V bipolar stepper motor driver. It has built-in overcurrent detection, undervoltage detection, overtemperature detection, stall detection, a 5-bit ADC, and a switch input that can be used for either user jog control or as a hard stop function. As if that weren’t enough, it also features microstepping support (up to 128 microsteps per full step) and PWM drive voltage limiting.
Unlike most stepper motor drivers, the dSPIN is controlled over an SPI link. It has an on-board 16MHz oscillator which allows it to autonomously execute movement commands. That means no more counting steps in your code! It also supports customized acceleration and deceleration profiles to prevent jerky starts and stops. On-board registers track current speed and location.
The logic supply voltage supports both 3.3V and 5V I/O levels.
- Supports up to 128 Microsteps per Full Step
- Over-Temperature Detect
- Over-Current Detect
- Under-Voltage Detect
- PWM Drive-Voltage Limiting
- SPI Controlled
- On-Board Oscillator and Speed/Location Registers
- Stall Detection
- 5-bit ADC
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.