This is a stereo amplifier kit designed to make use of the STA540 power amplifier IC. Once this kit is completed you have a fully functional, two-channel audio amplifier, complete with a standby switch, volume control and indicator LEDs. The kit also includes a 6400BG heatsink for the STA540 to dissipate any damaging heat.
In this kit, the STA540 is configured as a dual bridge amplifier capable of delivering up to 2x 38W (4Ω at 18V). Power supplied to the kit directly powers the STA540 and should be within 8 to 22V.
This kit comes as a bag of parts, you’ll need to solder everything to the PCB. All components are through-hole, so it shouldn’t be too difficult; but this kit is a bit more complex than our other through-hole kits.
- 1x STA540 Audio Amplifier Kit PCB
- 1x STA540 Dual/Quad Power Amplifier
- 1x 6400BG Heatsink
- 1x LM358 Op Amp
- 3x LED - Basic Red
- 1x SPDT Mini Power Switch
- 5x 10K Ohm
- 3x 1.0K Ohm
- 2x 47k Ohm
- 2x 100k Ohm
- 2x 10k Giant Trimpot
- 1x 0.1uF-50V-20%
- 1x 100uF - 25V
- 4x 0.47uF-25V
- 2x 10pF - 200V - 5%
- 3x 1uF - 50V - -20,+80%
- 1x 1000uF/25V
- 5x 2-Pin Screw Terminal - 3.5mm
- 4x Nylon Round Female Standoff
- 5x Phillips Screw with 4-40 Thread
- 1x #4-40 Hex Nut
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.