Couldn't get one of those Nintendo Mini Classic consoles? No problem, Adafruit have got you covered with this no-solder no-tools required kit! Video games are one of the most popular applications for the Raspberry Pi (and one of the best gifts to get over the holidays). Play NES, Sega, MAME, SNES, Atari and more!
Thanks to the easy-to-use Raspberry Pi and some clever software, you can recreate the classic arcade experience at home. Adafruit will bring the genuine “clicky” arcade controls and instructions, while you use your crafting skills to build the unit and supply your desired game files. There are a number of gaming OSes to choose from like RetroPie, PiPlay, Recalbox, and Lakka to name a few. Classic game emulation used to require a well-spec’d PC and specialized adapters for the controls, so it’s exciting to see this trickle down to a Raspberry Pi powered gaming experience. You can then use Adafruit's awesome retrogame software to turn the joystick + buttons into a "keyboard" for that authentic arcade experience. Raspberry Pi 3 NOT included.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3 Case - Smoke Base
- Small Arcade Joystick
- Arcade Button - 30mm Translucent Clear x 6 pieces
- Arcade/Button Quick-Connect Wire Pair - Set of 10 pairs
- Premium Female/Female Jumper Wires - 20 x 12" (300mm)
- 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable
- 8GB MicroSD Card with NOOBS 1.9
Note: Fully built arcade control box not included. This kit requires either 3D printing your own enclosure or cutting one from acrylic. The case or box should be at least 50mm (2 inches) deep to accommodate the buttons and solderless connectors. Any workable material will do – even a cigar box!
Note: Display screen and Raspberry Pi 3 NOT included.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.