This tiny microphone board from SparkFun is a carrier for Analog Device’s ADMP401 Omnidirectional Microphone with Bottom Port and Analog Output. Therefore, careful reading of the the ADMP401 datasheet (179k pdf) is recommended. The board includes an amplifying circuit with a gain of 67 that matches the bandwidth requirements of the ADMP401. The amplifier’s AUD output will float at one half Vcc when no sound is being picked up, and the amplifier produces a peak-to-peak output of about 200mV when the microphone is held at arms length and is being talked into at normal conversational volume levels. The convenient output voltage range of AUD means it can be directly connected to the ADC of a typical microcontroller.
The ADMP401 is a bottom port microphone, which allows the microphone to be mounted flush against the outside wall of an enclosure. The breakout board pins have a 0.1" pitch, making the board compatible with standard 0.1" protoboards, breadboards, 0.1" male headers, and 0.1" female headers.
- -3dB roll off at 100Hz and 15kHz
- 1.5 to 3.3VDC supply voltage
- Should comfortably output 40mW
- Signal to noise ratio (SNR) of -62dBA
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.