Add LED accents to textile projects with Adafruit's LED Sewing Kit! Stitch a glowing circuit with conductive thread-- this kit comes with everything you need to get started:
- 1 bobbin of 2-ply conductive thread
- 2 x sewable CR2032 battery holders
- 4 x candle flicker LEDs - they twinkle automatically, no need for a microcontroller or external circuit!
- 4 x 5mm snaps to use as as sewable switches
- Needle set
Note: As of September 30th, 2015, this product no longer comes with 2x CR2032 coin cell batteries. We recommend you purchase two coin cell batteries to use with this product.
This kit comes with enough supplies to make two projects with two LEDs each, or one project with four LEDs. Great for embroidery and needlework, light-up jewelry and hair accessories, shoes, plush toys, and more. This is a great beginner kit for kids (no soldering!) and adults alike who are looking to get into soft circuits and wearable electronics.
Check out Adafruit's guide for the LED Sewing Kit on the Adafruit Learning System!
Learn to make a Candle Flicker Hairbow with Adafruit's project tutorial!
Adafruit Beginner LED Sewing Kit (1:37)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.